Almost everyone looks online when they’re shopping for a service provider, but nearly 75 percent never get past the first page of search results. Search engine optimization (SEO) can help you turn this consumer behavior to your advantage and beat the competition to attract more business to your financial advising practice. In this post, I look at SEO for Financial Advisors.
One thing financial advisors should keep in mind about SEO is that simply generating online traffic won’t necessarily get you the business you want. You also need to make sure you are targeting keywords with buying intent and show that you’re trustworthy. Effective SEO for financial advisors not only generates a steady stream of website visitors, but it builds that all-important trust factor that encourages them to pick up the phone and call you.
Here are some tips for building trust while you improve your search rankings.
- Use specific keywords. There is a lot of competition for broad search terms such as “wealth management firms”. Narrowing your search — for instance, by locale and/or target audience makes it easier for your ideal clients to find you. It will also show them you have expertise in helping people just like them.
- Publish great content on your blog. Consistent, frequent blogging is one of the best ways to demonstrate your expertise. It also gives Google the fresh content it likes to see. Be sure to publish useful, well-written information.
- Leverage online reviews. 88 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as recommendations from family or friends. Set up listings on popular review sites such as Google My Business and Yelp, and encourage your satisfied customers to leave reviews.
- Get mobile-friendly. Because a majority of people now search online using mobile devices, Google rewards mobile-responsive sites with higher rankings in mobile search results. Having a site that is easy to navigate also subconsciously tells visitors that you have their best interests in mind and will be easy to work with.
- Create quality backlinks. When other sites link to yours, both humans and search engines view it as an indication that you have authority. There are many ways to get backlinks, including getting listed on business profile sites, local directory sites along with requesting links from other local business sites. But one of the best is to write guest blogs and articles that other sites will publish. It will, over time, build formidable site authority that will propel you towards the top of the search rankings as well as send high-quality potential clients your way.
I hope you’ve found this article on SEO for Financial Advisors useful. If you’re a financial advisor looking for help , please feel free to get in touch here. Myself and my team are more than happy to help.
Have you joined our Facebook group? The group is for Financial Advisors and Professionals who want more leads and sales through an effective lead generation system.
We encourage all members to ask questions, solve problems and provide advice. Join the group here.
If you haven’t done so already – Download our Facebook Ads Blueprint For Financial Services:
Does Facebook Ads REALLY work For Financial Advisors?
Try our Facebook Ads Revenue Calculator to see how much revenue your firm could generate.Try Now